Google+

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Tutorial/MOTD: Naked2 Palette - Cool Toned Smokey Eye


I cannot get enough of my Naked2 Palette, it has now replaced my original Naked Palette.  I have been getting a lot of questions about which palette is better and what is the difference.  Personally, I like the cooler toned colors better as they are colors I would tend to gravitate more for my skin coloring.  If you like more warm/golden hues then the original Naked Palette would be better for you.  Think of the two Naked Palettes as gold and silver jewelry.  You wear one for particular looks that match your outfits, the season, or even your mood.  It’s really up to you. 

I wanted to create a MOTD (makeup of the day) that would showcase some of the cooler toned/taupe colors from the palette.  Many of my beauty followers have been asking me for NYE looks and I thought this would be perfect to add a touch of glitzy glam. 

A tip I always share with my clients is that you really need to make sure to blend blend blend!! As a makeup artist, the technique to blending is important to make the colors fade into each other.  A blending brush will be your own personal makeup artist.  MAC #224 brush is my personal favorite, but if you can’t afford this brush and want affordable brushes try SIGMA TAPERED BLENDING BRUSH



 
Cool Toned Smokey Eye using shadows from the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette.  Add a hint of glitter to turn this look into a festive look for the holidays and for New Years.

Eye Shadow – Booty Call, Tease, Pistol, Blackout and Verve
Lips – Revlon Colorburst Color Icon in Cupcake
False Lashes – Model21 3T My Favorite False Lashes
Blush and Bronzer – E.L.F. Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powder






No comments:

Post a Comment