Google+

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Cutest Brush Roll EVER!

I love supporting independent shop owners who make their own handmade goods like the ones you can find on Etsy.  Recently I have been addicted to Etsy, all these cute things that I want to buy.  For the past several year I have been on the lookout for the PERFECT brush roll.  You might be wondering what is the perfect brush roll in my eyes? Well, I must have lots and lots of pockets to hold my valuable tools.  Pockets not only for different size brushes but  for must have products that I use on all my clients such as eye liners, eyelash glue, setting spray in a small travel size bottle and etc.  A protected flap that would protect my brushes when they were not in use. Many brush organizers out there are belts.  I am a petite filipino girl and a belt loaded up with brushes weighs me down.  Even when I worked for MAC I did not wear my brush belt around my waist instead I wore is over my shoulder like a messenger bag.  Even if the organizer wasn't a belt it would be a roll but it wouldn't be able to hold all my brushes. Yes, I could just bring a few brushes with my when I am on location but I like to be prepared.  It's hard when you have a big wedding party, doing makeup one after the other and having to clean your 1 set of brushes after each person.  I rather put away the dirty brushes to clean at a later time when I am not busy and start on the new client right away.  Being in the industry for over 10 years I have not found anything that met my standards but I knew someday I would be able to find something.

Ever since I found the wonderful site Etsy, I have a been a big fan of Lotus from asoftblackstar on Etsy .  She makes makeup brush rolls,  makeup bags, flat irons,  and jewelry cases with cute fabrics that can match your personality.  I happened to browse through her store and BEHOLD a brush belt that looked like it would be big enough to hold all my makeup goodies... BUT it was a belt and you know how I feel about belts.  I send Lotus a message via Etsy for a custom made brush roll, instead of a belt if she can design a roll.  Lotus is so sweet and wonderful, she asked questions to determine and needs and wants that I had, listened, created and delivered!  For the fabric I chose a pink and white polka dot inside with cheetah print for the pockets and the outside. I am so happy how my roll turned out. It is advised that you spray the brush roll with Scotch Guard before you use it, to make it stain and water resistant.  It's great because if it gets dirty you can just throw it in the wash.  Since my special request Lotus is now offering this design as a regular item in her shop.  For all the makeup artists out there.. YOU NEED THIS! Cute and functional! 


Here are some pics... ENJOY!  
This is what it looks like when it's rolled up.  

Unrolled and ready to use!

close up of the roll 


1 comment: