Google+

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Review / Swatches ACID Sleek Palette

It's hard to find bright colored eye shadows here in the states.  I want bright, neon colored, eye-popping, intensely pigmented shadows.  Well, I found them but they don't sell it here in the states.  I knew about Sleek for awhile now, and I always wanted to try the products.  The only problem is that you can only get it in Europe, there is no store or online store that actually sells them.  Thank goodness www.sleekmakeup.com does ship to the US for $13.50. You may also find some sellers on Ebay that will ship internationally.


Sleek Makeup offers some amazing palettes ranging from neutrals to brights and of course smokey.  What's great about these palettes is that they are mineral based.  It's hard to find eye shadow palettes that are pressed mineral shadows.  I really love the design that is pressed on the shadows, it's like a square/diamond pattern. 

The palettes that I purchased are ACID, CIRCUS, and MONACO.  I did not purchase these from their website but on ebay instead because I wanted Circus and Monaco which were limited edition.  This post will focus on the ACID Palette! Circus and Monaco review will be posted at a later time.


ACID
This palette contains both matte and shimmer shadows.  The color range in this palette gives you a a light, neon and a few darker shades. 


Swatches - NYX Milk Jumbo Eye Pencil as a base



My thoughts:
- wow so pigmented!!!
-when used with a white base the colors just pop
-the two blue shades and silver grey are shimmery the rest are matte
-i love the neon shades - yellow, orange, pink and green
-this is a must have if you like bright colors
-the only downside to this palette is that you cannot order it from sleekmakeup.com because of USA FDA regulations they cannot send it.  This is the only palette from their line which they cannot ship over seas hence the reason why I purchased it on ebay.


I can't wait to use this palette for a MOTD!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment