Google+

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Skincare Routine



Lately I have been getting a lot of requests asking what cleanser I use for my face.  I do not use anything too expensive (well I do use LaMer moisturizer, more about that later) all natural and can be found at your local Whole Foods grocery store.  For the past year since my boyfriend and I moved to the city we have been eating and using products that are more organic and natural.  My skin would always be breaking out because of stress due to my job. I would then use an expensive cleanser and treatment and breakout or get really dry because of the ingredients in the products.  For the past 6 months I have been using some great products that help me make my skin looking great.

Makeup Remover - Kirkland Signature Daily Facial Cleansing Towelettes.  I like how I can buy these in bulk at Costco, I believe there's 11 packs in 1 box.  I even use these towelettes to remove my eye makeup, does not irritate my eyes.  Smell is not too overpowering and the packaging is compact.


Cleanser - Earth Science A-D-E Creamy Cleanser.  This cleaner is a natural fruit oil cleanser for dry/sensitive skin.  The fruit oils remove makeup without the dryness of soap, plus the smell is fantastic.  I love how it does not contain artificial colors, mineral oil, soaps, harsh preservatives, or irritating petroleum products.  It will not clog pores.  You can find this at Whole Foods for under $10 sometimes it's on sale.  Yippee.  I use this cleanser with my handy dandy Clarisonic.  It's amazing how good your skin feels after you wash your face. Earth Science Skincare



Scrub - Earth Science Gentle Facial Scrub.  I only this this once a week just to remove the dryness around my nose area. This scrub does have apricot seed but the lady at Whole Foods told me that they mill the apricot seed a different way than they do with the rest of the scrubs so it's a little bit more fine.

Night Moisturizer - Creme de La Mer Moisturizing Cream.  I am very blessed that I get to experience this product as it is the creme of the crop for moisturizers. I have been receiving this as a gift for the past couple of years.  It is very expensive but I have been seeing differences in the tone and texture of my skin.  It is very rich and emollient this is why I only use this at night.
Here is some information about this product taken from their website. "The original miracle, borne from Dr. Huber's quest to heal his own skin's scarred appearance. This ultrarich cream transforms skin on contact and soothes sensitivities. It helps heal even the driest complexions and dramatically renews skin's appearance. Skin in any state will benefit from this nourishing treatment, but it is especially suited to very dry complexions. To this day, each opal jar is filled by hand to maintain its delicate balance.  To learn more about La Mer products click here.

Day Moisturizer - Yes to Cucumbers Soothing Daily Calming

Moisturizer. Hypoallergenic, paraben free and 98% natural product. I am very picky with my day moisturizers because I already apply so much stuff on my face, I hate the feeling of makeup that feels heavy! YUCKO! This moisturizer is very lightweight with a clean fresh scent.  Your skin just sucks it all up like it drank water. More info can be found here Yes to Cucumbers Moisturizer


Hope I gave you some insight on what types of products work for my skin type (combo/sensitive).  Keep in mind that you may not get the same results as I do.  Read labels/boxes, research products on the web and ask experts at Whole Foods (which I find very knowledgeable).  Here's to flawless skin!


No comments:

Post a Comment